Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Schedule workflow every 10 minutes during certain hours

mlittletn
7 - Meteor

How would I schedule a workflow to run every 10 minutes between 8a-9p?   I see how to schedule a workflow to run every 10 minutes; but there is no restriction on the time of day it runs.

I'm trying avoid having to create 72 schedules (6 schedules an hour for 12 hours; each spaced 10 minutes).

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @mlittletn 

I have set workflows like this to run every 10 mins but I have added a condition into my workflow to say if DateTimeStart >= 8am and DateTimeStart <=9pm then do stuff other wise end

mlittletn
7 - Meteor

@LordNeilLord was afraid that would have to be the workaround.   As far as I can tell the scheduler itself just doesn't support limiting the hours the workflow runs.    My IT team would prefer I not have the workflow running all hours of the night;  specifically on the night of the week they run the mongo backups.  We've ran into some problems in the past that messes with the mongo backup if a workflow is running.

Going to submit this as an idea if it's not already out there.

SurabhiGoyal
5 - Atom

Can someone please suggest a way where we can schedule a workflow for everyday 15 minutes

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @SurabhiGoyal - you should be able to set a schedule for 15 minutes on your Server. See below for the Schedule configuration:

dana_mcdonough_0-1658856347911.png

devynjeska
5 - Atom

This does not allow us to schedule every fifteen minutes during certain times a day only. A lot of people want option to schedule every fifteen minutes between 9:00am and 4:00pm for example so it isn't running outside necessary timeframes and disrupting other processes.

Concerned if I schedule every fifteen minutes but add in logic to workflow to only run during those hours or end its still prompting and slowing down system every fifteen minutes when it doesn't need to and when more important processes are running.