Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Schedule from the Gallery | Alteryx 11.0

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Any idea why an Artisan would see this error when trying to schedule his/her own workflow?

("The owner of this schedule does not have access to the workflow being scheduled")

error.png

31 REPLIES 31
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Everyone, I apologize that you have been encountering this issue.  Our development team believes we have isolated a fix and plan to have this targeted for the next release of the Alteryx Server tentatively slated to be in the August time frame.   

Julie Mendelson
Product Owner
Alteryx
rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Hi @JulieM,

Thanks for relaying back that the development team is working on the issue.

In the interim, do you know if there are any workarounds to help get around the issue?

Best regards,
Ryan 

BryanG
6 - Meteoroid

My issues have been completely solved with the following 2 steps.

1) Make sure that the version of the Server/Gallery is at least as new as the version of the Desktop. For example, Desktop 11.0 cannot write to Gallery 10.6

2) (The big fix) Make sure your browser history is cleared. You can either run the gallery in an incognito tab or go to history and clear the cache. The browser caches a lot of information, including the page layout from the previous version. That cached version needs to be cleared to see the options for Gallery 11.0.

This fix was shown to me by my company's support point-of-contact.

SeanN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @rdoptis,

Ultimately this error is caused by a user having access to over 100 apps. This 100 count includes apps in your studio, shared through a collection or shared publicly. A possible workaround is to limit the amount of apps you have access to. This can be accomplished several ways:

1) Create a new studio and add yourself to it and the apps you want to schedule. This unfortunately limits the apps you have access to.

2) Create a new user and studio. Using collections, share the apps you want to schedule to this new user and have that user schedule the apps.

There are certainly other ways to limit app access, but these are probably the easiest in the short term. I understand these workarounds are not optimum.

Sean Newton

Software Engineer

Alteryx

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Hi @SeanN,

Thank you very much for this information! Removing older or infrequently used workflows to get below the 100 workflow threshold has restored our impacted users ability to schedule. We look forward to the fix next month resolve this issue going forward! 

Best regards,

Ryan

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Hi @SeanN & @SophiaF,

Can you confirm if the issue preventing scheduling when a user has access to > 100 apps has been resolved in the 11.5 release?

Best regards,

Ryan

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rdoptis (and others experiencing this issue) - I can confirm this issue was fixed in 11.5. Please feel free to pick up the latest version from http://downloads.alteryx.com/ and post any feedback/issues here, or email support@alteryx.com directly

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Thanks @SophiaF - We will begin planning our upgrade and report back with any feedback! 

Best regards,

Ryan

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@SophiaF,

Thanks for the update!  We'll also plan an upgrade and test out the new version.  Hopefully, I'll be able to mark this as the solution in a few days..

Glad to finally get this fixed, it's been a much-desired feature that we're anxious to make use of!

NickGarafola
5 - Atom

For me, it was an issue with my user settings.  Even though I am a Curator, I did not have adequate default permission to schedule.

Please try the following: 

1. In Gallery, navigate to Admin > Users (https://alteryx.YOURSITE.com/gallery/admin/#!users)
2. To the left of the user in question, click: "Profile"
3. Change Schedule Jobs to "Yes"

Actions at the user level in GalleryActions at the user level in Gallery