Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Schedule from the Gallery | Alteryx 11.0

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Any idea why an Artisan would see this error when trying to schedule his/her own workflow?

("The owner of this schedule does not have access to the workflow being scheduled")

error.png

31 REPLIES 31
weelin
5 - Atom

Yes, that's the first thing we did @Coxta45  

That's why it's strange this is not appearing. 

@Coxta45 wrote:

@weelin,

Have you (or your admin) enabled user scheduling in the Gallery Admin console?  You can find this option on the Jobs tab.

Enable SchedulingEnable Scheduling

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

All,

Just as an FYI - we've been able to determine that the majority of our issues related to scheduling in Gallery are being caused by the fact that we changed our authentication type from Built-in to Integrated Windows authentication.  Alteryx has been pretty adamant about insisting that the authentication type NOT be changed after installing, as it can (and will) cause significant issues.  Essentially, it corrupts the key associations in the MongoDB, from what I understand.

If you have changed authentication types, the only true fixes are either of:

Create a new MongoDB

1. Stop the Alteryx Service
  2. Rename or delete your existing MongoDB folder
    1. This is usually found at a path similar to E:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Persistence\MongoDB
  3. Create a new, empty MongoDB folder there
  4. Restart the Alteryx Service
  5. Rebuild your Gallery, etc.

Note:  This is the equivalent of wiping everything from your MongoDB including published content, all of your existing schedules, users, etc.

The second option is to simply uninstall your entire Server/Gallery instance and reinstall fresh.  This is the option we have elected and will be sure to stick with one authentication type.   This is a better option for our company mainly because we're close to significantly scaling our Alteryx server (multiple nodes for additional workers, MondoDB replica sets, etc.), and in order to get the most out of the product, we absolutely need to do some house cleaning and have a solid, fully functional deployment.

I understand this may not be exactly what most of you want to hear if you're in the same boat, but it may be necessary.  Once again, Alteryx warned us many times about changing auth types.  If you're having scheduling issues and have not changed authentication types, I would suggest emailing support@alteryx.com.  They have been beyond helpful and very prompt in their response.

Best Regards,

Taylor

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

My apologies, @weelin!  I clearly misread the first sentence of your post.  Have you, by chance, changed authentication types at any point?  That has been the root of most of our Gallery problems (see my last post).

weelin
5 - Atom

Hi @Coxta45.  No problem.  No, our authentication has not changed, it's still Integrated Windows with Kerberos.  Thanks

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

We too have only used built-in authentication since day 1 with our gallery. 

It sounds like there may be multiple failure modes which are leading to the similar outcome of the ownership error.

Regards,

Ryan

TZChandler
8 - Asteroid

Well this bug has turned my Alteryx Server into an expensive desktop instance. 

When is Alteryx going to fix this? 

gerconn
7 - Meteor
We made some headway with this yesterday. Basically if you have a subscription where one or many artisans have been made inactive in Active Directory then the subscription becomes corrupt.

Our workaround has been to create new subscriptions and move active users to those subscriptions.

It means the users have to download their workflows before they are moved to a new subscription and then republish. They can then schedule again.
rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Hi @gerconn,

Thank you for updating the thread with your finding. It looks like there may be multiple failure modes as we have never used the active directory integration.

However, we have also found that the issue does seem to be subscription/studio dependent as the same workflows do schedule in other studios.

Best regards,

Ryan

BryanG
6 - Meteoroid

Same issue here -- we have workflow scheduling enabled but I cannot schedule any workflows. Also, only the admin who was able to enable workflows can schedule them. 

I am an admin on the server as well and when I log into admin I cannot see the option to enable scheduling. I also cannot see the jobs or schedule tabs on the left hand screen.

Any progress on this issue?

gerconn
7 - Meteor
I received confirmation from Alteryx Support yesterday that they have found a bug with gallery subscriptions which causes this error.

Basically it occurs when a certain number of apps are published to a particular studio. They haven't said what the threshold is but we have had to create a number of smaller subscriptions and spread the apps between those subscriptions to get around this.