Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Sandbox licensing

Ominaik24
5 - Atom

Hello,

We have a scenario of 2 products, server sandbox and server sandbox additional node..server sandbox additional node contains description of 2 CPU core worker node..does anyone know how to license this? Also How and where to get worker node calculation?

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ominaik24 ,

Usually, the sandbox licenses are identical to your production server, meaning that you will mimic everything your prod server has.

The structure may vary since you have the flexibility of building the nodes as you like but usually the regular license (sandbox license) is for your main server which will contains everything and is able to license a 4-core server.

For your additional node, it is your call. You can add the license to your main server and each additional node allows you to add 2 cores to the server. Another option is to stand-up a new server as a worker node, but the best practice is to have a worker node with a minimum of 4 cores.

Here you can find more about the different structures. But my suggestion is for you to mimic your prod server so you can have an identical server to test workflows and upgrades.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Alteryx-Architectures-Introduction/ba-p/848734

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Ominaik24
5 - Atom

Hello Fernando

Thank you for your response.

Regarding additional node, we need to proceed with second option you suggested as that is the only option which is called out in agreement.

I am from licensing team ,and we do not have access to application.it would be really helpful if you suggest how and from where can we request for worker nodes along with CPU details.

Thank you,

Omkar

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ominaik24 ,

Just keep in mind you are not obliged to install a worker node, you can add the capacity to the main server if you want to. If by agreement, you meant an internal one, then I totally get it, but Alteryx itself won`t force you to install the license specifically in a worker node.

Here you can find the specs for any nodes mentioning the minimum amount of cores per node is 4 (2 additional nodes). I have seen worker nodes with 2 cores only, but you may start to have performance issues since this amount of cores starts impacting the Windows server's overall performance.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/server/system-requirements.html

Related to the installation, here you can find more about installing a new worker. https://help.alteryx.com/20223/en/server/configure/configure-controller-and-workers.html##

The installer is the same one you used to install the main server; only the configuration after that differs.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino