Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Salesforce Connector v. 4.1 doesn't work on Server - fix it please!

matt2
7 - Meteor

Version 4.0 and 4.1 of the Salesforce Input Connector doesn't work on Alteryx Server - I'm on 2019.2.  I'm in the process of migrating workflows onto Server, which we recently purchased and the fact that I can't move my Salesforce ETL processes without downgrading Server is a big problem.  I've been wrestling with this for two weeks - it was a big distraction during Inspire before I realized there was a known issue here.

Others are having this problem:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/Publishing-workflows-with-encrypted-password-to-the-Galle...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/Publishing-workflows-with-encrypted-password-to-the-Galle...

@BlytheE , can we PLEASE prioritize this?!?  Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
BlytheE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dalym - I believe @bora_perusic is better suited to answer that question. My area is the SDKs themselves that are used to build those connectors, so I don't know specific information around development plans for those tools. Thanks!

JamesP
5 - Atom

Hi I am using v2019.1 and when downloading any of the versions of the salesforce tool, while the tool installer runs i get this error and it fails to load the tool: "No matching distribution for aiohttp==3.3.2 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))". 

What is the solution to have the install tool work correctly?

Nesbitt
5 - Atom

Need this please

joeGade
10 - Fireball

looks Like Alteryx Still did not fix any of the issues that were reported here. That's So bad ..

The Older Versions of the Tool was working okay but they won't work with new sales force API's. 

The issue is so bad, that if a Developer develops the Workflow using SFDC input tool v.1 we cannot upload to the server/gallery as the workflow is doing Machine Encryption. That's so Dum. Not sure why it was created like that. It's really useless if we cannot upload it to the server  . 

adendulu
7 - Meteor

Its almost been an year and none of the issues have been addressed , either we get a 401 authentication error or decrypt error and issues with SOQL queries if they are not ordered properly, is there a new version in the near future?

gavinott1
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, the Salesforce Connector tools continue to be finicky, especially when used on the Gallery, but can be made to work with some tricks and adjustments.  I configured a workflow hosted on my company's Gallery that allows users to search for people within a company and optionally push those people straight into Salesforce as leads. Below are 2 steps I took to enable the Salesforce Connectors:

1. The first error you probably run into is a credential error, where you see one of the following errors:

Error: Salesforce Input (309): 'error': 'invalid_grant', 'error_description': 'authentication failure'

OR

Error: Salesforce Input (309): Traceback (most recent call last):  File "main.py", line 71, in pi_initRuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword - buffer too small

I believe that the root of this problem is that when you enter credentials in the tools on your computer, they are encrypted, not within the workflow itself, but somewhere else within the local computer.  Thus, when you upload the workflow to Gallery and try to run it, the workflow is run on your Alteryx server computer and it does not know how to decrypt the credentials.

To solve this, you just need to open the workflow on the remote desktop your Gallery is hosted on and enter your credentials into the Salesforce tools there.  By saving the workflow on the same computer it will be run on when ran via the Gallery, you should get around these credential problems.

2. Additionally, I also ran into error handling problems within the Output connector.  An example of one of these was when a user would accidentally attempt to push a lead to Salesforce that already existed.  With the basic configuration of the Salesforce macro, this causes an error and stops the workflow.  I made some adjustments within the macro to simply skip leads already in Salesforce and not throw an error; I did the same for several other errors.  Below is the macro with these adjustments:

I hope this helps some of you!

adendulu
7 - Meteor
I am still getting a 401 unauthorized error for my workflows that is preventing me from running the workflows on my scheduler

Get Outlook for iOS

If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving commercial electronic messages from TD Bank Group, please click here or go to the following web address: www.td.com/tdoptout
Si vous souhaitez vous désabonner des messages électroniques de nature commerciale envoyés par Groupe Banque TD veuillez cliquer ici ou vous rendre à l'adresse www.td.com/tddesab

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions.
AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.
Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

Is this error still happening or was it fixed?

AustinNesbitt
5 - Atom

I was not able to get this working, so we are using the Simba Salesforce ODBC driver