community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alteryx server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Run workflows one after another

Highlighted
Meteor

Hi,

I have alteryx designer and server.

I have created a workflow to test whether a .txt file exists in a folder and based on that if the exists then I want to trigger another workflow.

I have added other workflow in the Event after run without error.But when I try to execute it says  Designer x64 The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #1: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 2: The system could not find the environment option that was entered. ¶ (203)

My alteryx designer license is not enabled with API and scheduler feature. Please check the attached item.

Is there any tool I can use to chain the workflows without events?

I have attached the screen shot of the first marco which checks for a file.

Regards,

philip

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @pgeorge4

Is publishing/scheduling this workflow to the server an option? This will have the correct license to enable this feature. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

Meteor

Hi,

I am able to do a save as to the Alteryx server Gallery. We have alteryx server .

Also I am able to schedule the workflow connecting to Alteryx server as as a controller.

With these features how can I enable running the workflow in a chain.

Regards,

philip

Alteryx
Alteryx

You could also check out the runner macros in the CReW macro pack (http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/2014/09/blog-macro-pack-2014-q3-release.html for a quick overview)

Download the latest version of the macros from here http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

Just a note that these aren't an official part of the product or officially supported, but they are widely used.

Adam Riley
Principal Software Engineer
Tech Lead Core Engines, Alteryx
Asteroid

Hello, I have the same requirement where I have six workflows which need to be ran in order.

They are published to our gallery.

But are not scheduled as I do not know how long each step takes.

I have been reluctant to use the third party macros as do like to use the gallery scheduler and have read that these are not compatible.

steve

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SteveKnapper

You can use the events tab to call upon a workflow. You can find an article explaining it here, you will want option 2 after the Crew Macros

Best,

Jordan