Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Run scheduled workflows based on completion of database

S-9
8 - Asteroid

I am facing a great sense of issue at work to run scheduled workflows based on the successful completion of the data connection in my company's gallery. 

I have many workflows that are scheduled to run daily. All these workflows are inputted from my company's data connection that is run overnight for the fresh batch.

So when the workflow is run daily, it is updated according to the latest run of the database.

However, sometimes, due to some technical issues, the database is run midway, (for example it is running and stops, and so the database for the day is updated with partial data). in that case, all workflows that are scheduled to run daily do still run, but give incomplete information/outputs since they are based on whatever the database is updated with. To correct my output, I have to then go and run everything manually when the database is run completely. 

What I want to do is to STOP any workflow scheduled daily from running if the database is not run completely. 

in other words, I want to setup a conditional workflow that will run everything scheduled in "my schedules" provided that the database was run 100% and not partially. 

could use any help possible!!! 

1 REPLY 1
hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

I'm guessing you are using the clock to schedule when input is normally ready.

I find the gallery scheduling pretty weak with regards to ops management and integrating complex dependencies, so tend to use simple bat files to run yxmd files. (https://help.alteryx.com/2019.1/Command_Line.htm)

I use windows task scheduler for some of these and reruns are pretty quick.

Others I use our scheduling software to run a bat file when data is ready.

You should investigate using whatever scheduling system your company is using to start a bat file that runs your processes when data is ready.