Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Run Button is Disabled

Cfdiaz2103
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone!

One of my colleagues tried to run a workflow last night, but then she realized that the "Run" command is disabled. Does anyone know why the "Run" button is disabled?

I checked the permissions she's got, and they're ok, but I don't know what's happening.

You can find attached a picture.

Thanks for your support

6 REPLIES 6
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Cfdiaz2103 

What's the role associated with this user? Member, artisan, or viewer?

What's the version server?

Carlos A Teixeira
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Cfdiaz2103 ,

a user can be part of a collection and given access to it without problem but if his role on the gallery is "viewer" he won't be able to run workflows in the collections. The user needs to be either member, artisan or curator. Does he have that role?

Regards

Cfdiaz2103
8 - Asteroid

Hi @afv2688 !

I added that person, with the "Update Assets" permission only, but how could I check and guarantee what role has that person into the server? Should I contact her first?

Thanks

Cfdiaz2103
8 - Asteroid

Hi @carlosteixeira !

I gave her only "Update Assets" permission. Is there anyway to check which role has that colleague into the server? 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Cfdiaz2103 ,

you need to go to the admin interface and check in users your colleague. Here you need to se what his default role is and if he belongs to any groups with special permissions.

If his role there is "viewer" then he won't be able to run the workflows. Having rights to update assets doesn't give him the rights to run the workflows.

Regards

Cfdiaz2103
8 - Asteroid

Hi @afv2688 !

It perfectly worked!

Thank you! 😊