Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Run As User - Only for one workflow in the Alteryx Server collection

Rahul3
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

In my company's collection in Alteryx Server, I have various workflows. But there is one workflow in the same collection which requires to pick a file from sharedrive . Alteryx Server right now is not able to access this sharedrive and errors out with "File not found" error. When I run the same workflow in my desktop then it works fine because I have the access to this sharedrive.

My question , is it possible that ONLY for this workflow I can allow users to run using my credentials. All other workflows in the same collection will still run with Alteryx Server default credentials.

--

Thanks

Rahul

5 REPLIES 5
Rahul3
8 - Asteroid

thanks @dougperez for the swift reply.

I believe, the first 2 options above will run all the Alteryx server workflows with the "Run As" credential, where I only need this for a single specific workflow because there are other teams as well in my organisation who have different collections with different workflows and multiple sharedrives. 

Also, if I change the default credential settings then all the other workflows managed by other teams will lose their scheduling , which I don't want to hamper.

I think option 3 above will solve my problem where I can assign my credential to that specific group of people who will execute this workflow. 

dougperez
12 - Quasar

I think you should change this configuration:

dougperez_0-1649075653964.png

Rahul3
8 - Asteroid

@dougperez If I change this to "Allow User to Select" then ,

1) Would it cancels/resets any other workflow schedules that are already in Alteryx server.

2) if a person do not click on the below option while publishing the workflow in Alteryx server, which credential will Alteryx server use to run a specific workflow .

dougperez
12 - Quasar

1) I don't know, but I think it this will not cancel or reset your workflows, they will just run with the local user

2) If the person not click the this option while publishing, then the workflow will use the default credential (probably the local user)