Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Resolving version errors when running/scheduling a workflow on a Gallery

simon_kb
5 - Atom

Hi folks,

I'm trying to schedule a simple workflow whereby I pull some data from an S3 bucket and output it into a SQL database. This works when I run it on my local machine. However, when I try to run this in our company Gallery, I run into one of several problems:

• I get an error saying I need to use Alteryx 2018.3 to save a workflow. I duly downloaded 2018.3 and this error disappeared for a while but it seems to have returned
  • Having downloaded 2018.3, I occasionally got an error saying that the workflow was created in a more recent version than 2018.3, so I should upgrade to that newer version
  • I get no errors, but the validation of my workflow runs indefinitely and crashes the programme – I have to use Task Manager to force Alteryx to close
  • I had read a recommendation to un-tick the ‘Validate workflow before saving’ option if I know the workflow runs normally (which it does), but when the workflow is saved to the gallery without validation, and I set a schedule, it never actually runs but rather just says ‘Queued’ indefinitely

Can anyone recommend a way around one of the above problems? I'm sure the solution is quite simple, but I'm quite new to this.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JohnGD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @simon_kb !

Can you confirm the version of your Alteryx server ?

On your company's gallery, click 'Looking for More' tab in the bottom left and then version.

Thank you in advance,

John

John Gonggrijp-Dowe
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.

simon_kb
5 - Atom

Hi @JohnGD,

Thanks for reaching out about this - as it happens, there were both version conflicts and a blocker relating to permissions. It turns out we were running quite an early version of the server... This is all sorted now though!

Thanks again,

Simon