Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Reporting Tools massively slow performance

JTCairns
8 - Asteroid

I have  series of chained apps. when i run local these take less than a minute including db queries and report output. When i then load thee to server the overall speed is reduced but the last app, which uses reporting tools (table, layout, render etc) takes over 2 minutes now (compared 1.2 sec on machine). Can anybody explain whats causing this? its kinda ruining my lovely app haha 

2 REPLIES 2
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

There's a couple of things you can do:

- What else is running on the Server when the final app runs?

- In Alteryx Designer, you can turn performance profiling on to see what tool(s) are the most expensive (Workflow configuration > Enable Performance Profling

- How much data is going through the reporting tools and what charts are being populated?

- Can you consolidate any of the report tools maybe?

- On the Server, you can set the priority of the long running process maybe

JTCairns
8 - Asteroid

@RishiK 

Thanks for the response. It turns out that it wasn't the reporting tool but the fact that i was using chained apps. The server attempts to execute them en masse on the last step. 

The solution was to increase the number of Simultaneous workflows allowed in the system settings.