Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Replacing workflows with updated workflows.

prpatel
11 - Bolide

Hi everyone.

I loaded up a workflow to my internal server, and setup a schedule.

I was running it for several weeks, and now made a change to it in my designer.  After making these changes and testing it locally (on my laptop), I uploaded it back to the server, expecting that the new version would overwrite the old one, but keep its schedule, but it did not.  

Has anyone else had the same issue?  Any resolution to this?

Thanks.

-prpatel.

5 REPLIES 5
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello!

Try to open your workflow into File > Open Workflow > Alteryx Gallery

Then make your changes/updates directly from your designer and tap Save. This will generate a new "version" in your Alteryx Server, and this version will be used.

Regards

dougperez_0-1662565985908.png

prpatel
11 - Bolide

Hi @dougperez ,

That works, but sometimes, you want to take a workflow in PROD, optimize / change it, then 'validate' it with the customer before pushing it back to PROD.

I'd like to take workflow from my laptop, make changes to it there so I am not affecting the PROD workflow, then after testing on my laptop, replace the active PROD with the new one.  

I'll accept your solution for now, but if anyone else has a different way, I'd like to hear / read your thoughts.

Thanks.

-prpatel.

dougperez
12 - Quasar

You can Replace Workflow direclty into Alteryx Gallery too:

https://help.alteryx.com/20211/server/replace-workflow

prpatel
11 - Bolide

@dougperez 

That would work if only I can see the 'replace workflow' option.

I'm using the 2022.1 version of both the server and designer.

It looks like the only way I can do it is to edit the server version on my designer as previously recommended by you.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @prpatel 

You will not be able to replace an existing workflow on the gallery without opening the workflow within designer from the gallery. This is so workflows that are already uploaded and scheduled function as designer. 

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.