Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Remove a subscription member and add the user to other subscription

kparvanova
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to remove a member from a Subscription, and add this member to other one. Now I can't find a way to remove the member and when I try to add him to other subscription I see the following error message: 

123.PNG

Any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@george_allen - you are correct! Adding a Member in a Studio/Subscription is available only for Galleries that are using Built-In authentication. The Members box will show in the Subscription for WinAuth, as in the screenshot you posted, but you do not have the option to add members. This permissions level allows Viewers to have permissions to run apps in a specific Collection that they are a member of.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
george_allen
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the update Sophia.

It would be helpful to have this noted in the documentation.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@george_allen this can be found in the Help documentation: Subscriptions(Studios). Please let us know if there is something specific lacking here so we can update it!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
george_allen
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reference, and continuing support. I see now this sentence:

Add Artisans and Members to the studio (for Built-in authorization).

There’s not really a clear indication however that using “Integrated Windows authentication” alters the functionality of “Members”.

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

I ran into this issue as well but mine is moving user from a subscription to another and in-line with SophiaF's solution,
you have to login the user's account then go to Settings on the top right.
On the Keys tab, paste in the Subscription Key (now this can be found on the admin settings under the subscription) then hit Save.

yuriy
8 - Asteroid

Looks like i'm having similar issue in version 2020.1. I have added my username to someone's subscription, and i cannot remove myself from it. 

There is no option to remove a member from private studio. And now i am not able to save any workflows to my our gallery since someone's studio is listed as default value, and i'm not able to save there either

I am having the same situation in that I cannot remove a user from my subscription.  I am looking at my subscription on the Gallery but do not seem to have any 'Settings' to be able to remove the user.  I am running on 2020.4.6   My current view looks like this:

Gallery Settings Issue.png