Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Remove a subscription member and add the user to other subscription

kparvanova
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to remove a member from a Subscription, and add this member to other one. Now I can't find a way to remove the member and when I try to add him to other subscription I see the following error message: 

123.PNG

Any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can't you go into the subscription you want to remove them from and in the Members box just remove them?  

kparvanova
7 - Meteor

I tried, but I can't just delete the name from the list when I mark it, there is no delete button, and when I click I go to the users profile. How can I do this?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hmm.....you are right.  My use case never involved me trying that.  The subscription they are in, that you want to remove them from . . . is it a "real" subscription (that has apps in it that others are members of too?), or just the default one that the Gallery sets up for them when you add them as a user?

kparvanova
7 - Meteor

The subscription that I want to remove them from is real one, different from their Private Studio. The whole story started when the user couldn’t run workflows from share with him Collections, there was error message that he is not a member (he was a viewer). So, for test I add him to one Subscription, but I can’t delete him from there. Anyway, the user can see only shared with him Collections, but I find it strange that I can’t delete a member from a Subscription.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Interesting.  I have never tried to move someone from one studio to another.  When I set up a new user, I add them to the one studio where all the apps are.  We don't have multiple studios where apps are, just the one, so I never tried it.  It appears that a user can only be a member of one studio at a time, but there is no way to move them from one studio to another as a member.  I would contact support (support@alteryx.com).

kparvanova
7 - Meteor

Yes but now we need multiple people to have access to one Private Studip so thay can upload a new versions of the workflows there.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

More functionality in the Gallery has been on their roadmap for a while.  Hopefully it will be coming soon.  For now, I would contact your support rep so they can get on a webex with you and see if they can get a workaround going for what you want to do.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

The permissions for this are at the User level, not at the Gallery admin level. You can remove the Member by logging into the Private Studio of the user (meaning, not the Admin portal) and going to Settings in the top right. Under the Private Studio tab, you can revoke memberships.

5W3QiUG

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
george_allen
7 - Meteor

Hi Sophia -- helpful to have your detailed, yet concise answer, with the graphic. 

I'm also curious however about the "Member" concept when it comes to a Subscription, as in:

How do "Members" work for a Subscription, and is it impacted by use of “Integrated Windows authentication” for Authentication Type?How do "Members" work for a Subscription, and is it impacted by use of “Integrated Windows authentication” for Authentication Type?