Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Regarding Alteryx server and administration

jakiefriks9
5 - Atom

I was unable to find anything on the Alteryx site. Do they offer any form of virtual or self based training on server administration?

We're looking to purchase server and I'd like to get info, not only on administration, but best practices as well with published work flows and data governance (permissioning) on the underlying data connections etc.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'd highly recommend watching the videos that are available here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Video-Training-Index/m-p/45161#M41 under the topic of "Server" 

Remember nothing beats just getting in and playing with stuff. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

With the purchase of Server, Alteryx will assist you in setting up and configuring your instance. In addition, you will receive training on how to manage your instance as well.

Videos on Server are available on Academy:

jamwalvidyu3
5 - Atom

There's quite a bit on their site, Google "Alteryx server technical overview" and you'll quickly find a 19 page pdf all about it. Also talk to a rep (if you don't ha10.0.0.0.1ve one, ask for a demo via their site), they're usually very excited to talk about the server product and can help you learn the lingo, which is admittedly confusing at first.

thinkapplethree
5 - Atom

Alteryx Server provides a comprehensive and scalable server-based analytics solution that provides end users and business decision makers the ability to share and run analytic applications in a web-based environment. shareit vidmate app

spiceagent11
5 - Atom

With the purchase of Server, Alteryx will assist you in setting up and configuring your instance. In addition, you will receive training on how to manage your instance as well.

nityavid
5 - Atom

Alteryx Connect has three main architectural components: an H2 database that stores the loaded metadata, a java application that processes web requests and indexing, and a front-end website.

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

Google for this live series from Alteryx partner Data Meaning

"Alteryx Server Webinar Series 2022"

It starts Sept 14 and accomodates live Q&A

Here is my link to join meeting, I don't know if it will lead to registration

Click Here to Join [datameaning.zoom.us]