Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Reasons for different App results by user? (all else being equal)

No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

We have a situation that has presented itself and I'm looking for thoughts on possible reasons. We have an analyst that has deployed an app on our server for business users(non-licensed users). The user enters an invoice # and the app returns data for that specific invoice. Pretty straight forward. The issue is that there has been inconsistent results depending on the user. The app owner will run it on the gallery and get the proper results. Some business users will run it on the gallery and also get proper results. But there has also been some users who run it and get partially correct results. It's one text input, its stored on the gallery and uses the gallery credentials, there shouldn't be anything that could cause different results based on user, that I'm aware of. 

Has anyone ever experienced a situation like this and can talk about what was impacting it for their use case? 

We are running 2019.1 designer and server. We use SQLServer ODBC data connections. But again, really just looking for responses from folks that may have encountered something like this and share their experience. 

Thanks, appreciate the feedback

2 REPLIES 2
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @No-Sass ,

Is the SQL Server connection using AD auth? I have encountered this issue when the Run As is being adjusted based on the workflow executer. 

No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

We did recently move to using AD Groups instead of individual users for access our apps. I'll test using both...Interesting