Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Read safeguard lan encrypted files from a shared drive

sagarkharpude
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

Could you please tell me how to make the Alteryx-Server read safeguard lan encrypted files from a shared drive ?

Thanks,

Sagar

6 REPLIES 6
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Do you have any client to read those file and decrypt in command line?

(If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.)

sagarkharpude
7 - Meteor

Hi William,

Could you please elaborate it?

Thanks,

Sagar

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sagarkharpude ,

when we don't have the feature included in the product, one workaround is to use an external application with the RunCommand tool and connect it to the workflow.

But perhaps I misunderstand you need.

(If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly).

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@sagarkharpude 

Alteryx does not presently support any file encryption systems.  You could post a feature request on the Ideas section of Community.  Based on my reading of one of SafeGuard's publications, I think that it might work if you configure your system so that Server runs from a qualified account, but I cannot make any promises.  Here are suggestions that might give you the best odds of success:

From Services, right-click on AlteryxService.From Services, right-click on AlteryxService.Specify an account that has all needed permissions/keys to encrypt and decrypt.Specify an account that has all needed permissions/keys to encrypt and decrypt.

• Run the AlteryxService from a user profile domain account that has the following traits and permissions: 
    • Account needs permissions as per Run As user documentation.
    • Account also needs full control access to all necessary files and folders.
    • Account will need to be able to encrypt and decrypt that data per all SafeGuard rules.  (Encryption keys and related settings will need to be configured as any other user account would be configured to be compatible with the encryption/decryption product.)
    • Account password should not expire, or you should implement a process update the password before expiration.
  • You might be able to run more specific workflow credentials if all credentials endow run accounts with the above traits.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Buzz
8 - Asteroid

@sagarkharpude  Hi did the solution provided work? We are currently also looking into this issue. We can read safeguard lan encrypted files with the local Alteryx Version, but not with the server.