Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Reactivate a Deactivated User

Gareth_G
5 - Atom

Hello All,

Has anyone tried to reactivate a previously deactivated user on Alteryx Server, via the Gallery?  Or, is it a case of recreating the account.  If so, was there a clash with a previously used email address?

10 REPLIES 10
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hmm.....in previous versions of the Gallery it was as easy as going to the User's card and toggling the "active" box from "No" to "Yes".  However, I'm finding that I can't seem to pull up deactivated users . . . I'm going to investigate a bit more.

Gareth_G
5 - Atom

Thanks for your response.

I had a voice chat (and screen-share) with Alteryx Support earlier today and we saw that although the user is no longer visible in our Alteryx Gallery, his login details are present in MongoDB.  Toggling the user back to 'Active' via the MongoDB document, did not manifest itself in Gallery ... his login is still not visible via that interface.

Next steps:

1. See if the user can now login and access content, since the MongoDB document was amended to make his login 'Active'.

If that doesn't work ...

2. Delete the MongoDB document for this particular user and start afresh.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Oh wow, I'm surprised they suggested to edit the Mongo doc - that's usually never recommended as there are relationships that could be broken if not going through the UI.

Anyway, I found a very hacky way to do it via the UI.  If you can find the person's Subscription (or some Subscription where they are), then they'll be listed as a user still but italicized to indicate they are not active.  You can click on their italicized name and you will then be taken to their user card, where you can toggle the Active button like always.

Gareth_G
5 - Atom

That's a neat little workaround.  Thanks for sharing.  Problem solved.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No problem.  Hopefully the Alteryx team will fix the issue of deactivated users no longer showing up.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Gareth_G  I confirmed that the inability to reactivate a user via the UI was by design (for reasons I don't understand).  As well, eventually Subscriptions are going to go away so my workaround won't work at some point in the future.

I added the following idea, so give it a like so it gets some upvotes, which will be the only way it will get implemented.

Thanks!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Allow-Inactive-User-Toggle-Option-in-Gallery-U...

Gareth_G
5 - Atom

Excellent.

Thank you @mbarone.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No problem

kcb4mk
5 - Atom

I have been trying to solve this. Your solution was easy and quick and better than connecting MongoDB directly to do that same job.

Thanks! @mbarone