Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Re: Getting Started on Community

KGouni
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am connecting to SQL Server using in-DB Connection, I used ODBC Admin and it says: the file "servername|||" is not in a known format.

I have tested this connection in ODBC Data Source Administrator and it says successful.

Any sample connections or inputs would be great.

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi - unfortunately it's not completely clear what's occurring here based on your description. Are you sure you have configured your in-database connection correctly? To test this, I typically start with a regular, non-in database connection to make sure I have access to a given data source. Once I have confirmed this, I then move on to configuring my In-Database connection. 

Here's an article from earlier this year (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-Database-Connection...) that might help get you pointed in the right direction, take a look.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @KGouni Just curious if you were able to get this resolved? If so can you mark this as resolved and share what it was so that others can find it on the community? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks