Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

RETR Failed in Run Command tool

poojamate92
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I need a help to understand the cause - We have one workflow which transfer File from Alteryx to User drive. The workflow use Run Command to execute FTP RETR command. The workflow is run on daily basis to get the files. Previously it was running fine but now a days it's giving error as -

00:00:00.261 - Error - ToolId 8: The external program "G:\Batch\Scripts\XYZ.bat" returned an error code: 1 Finished in 00:00:00.263 with 1 error

Do anyone knows the cause for this error.

Note: hen we have checked the particular file is present in the folder still it's giving error.

3 REPLIES 3
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @poojamate92 how are you doing?

So, I believe you have 2 options:

1 - Your data set is empty when running your workflow

2 - you need to run as with higher privileges (as Run as Administrator)

Are you tried this?

Carlos A Teixeira
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @poojamate92 

Since you're accessing an FTP site through a batch file, the issue may not be with the workflow.  It could be a network change or a change on the FTP site itself.  Since Alteryx only returns the error code and not anything useful about the error message, you'll have to log on the Alteryx server, and run the bat file manually from the G: drive.  The results in the command prompt should help you track down the error.

Dan 

poojamate92
8 - Asteroid

@carlosteixeira  Thanks for responding. 

It may possible that dataset is empty. There are two workflows which are scheduled at same time to access the same folder and read and move the same data. Can it be the cause for the workflow failure ? if yes , but it is executing in same way from last one year then why it is causing problem now.

@danilang Thank You for the useful information, I'll take this in consideration from the next time. However in our case there are no changes made in FTP site too.

For now the issue is resolved by changing the schedule timing for two workflows which are accessing the same folder and file. Still can you please help me by providing some trial and error technics in such cases.