Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Python tool could not create a job to manage a process

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm having a similar issue to this one; however, I can't seem to get past the issue using @LarryR 's suggestion like the OP. I'm on my server box and ran python fine as my username. I then wanted to see how the server would process my python in the gallery so I closed alteryx and ran alteryx as another user (my service account that runs my gallery jobs). The python was operating normally but I had an issue with my Internet explorer setup when running selenium. I changed a few IE settings and decided to restart alteryx to make sure the changes stuck. I again ran as that same service account and now that user can't get the python tool to work at all. Note that my normal account where i just double click alteryx is still not having any problems. It's only when I'm running it as a different user. When I ran the task manager there were several orphaned instances of python, jupyter and jupyter-notebook. I deleted them all in an attempt to clear the error I'm receiving but no luck.  Also my gallery is still running my python jobs just fine using that service account. It's only when I run alteryx on that box as a different user with the service account that I get this error.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Capture.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
LarryR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is 100% a permission/process issue.

Because the Job (This is a window process management structure thing) failed to create....you are seeing stray processes when you shutdown.

I will have to work with the server team to figure out what is going on here.

I'm not making any promises, but I did see your post. 🙂

RuchikaMangla
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_digan 

Just wanted to know if this issue got resolved because I am facing similar issue on my private gallery. So, could you please assist me on this if it got resolved? On local same WFL is running without any error but on gallery throwing same error as yours.

Thanks!

rbarton
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue without a solution. Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

rbarton_0-1594239545416.png

RuchikaMangla
8 - Asteroid

Hi @rbarton 

Few of the things I want you to check-

1. please check if the input connection data, it should have atleast one record?

2. do you have permissions to the folder, ALteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\Jupyter....

3. if #1 and #2 are ok for you, then could you please share the snasphot/workflow with me I can check

BTW, are you running this on ALteryx server or designer?

rbarton
5 - Atom

Hi @RuchikaMangla

I should have specified that I only receive this error when our controller/server tries to run the workflow. It works fine on my personal computer in designer, but once scheduled, I get the error. I've attached a snapshot of the workflow

rbarton_0-1594385613558.png

RuchikaMangla
8 - Asteroid

hi @rbarton 

Its the trickiest one. I have also faced this before. Could you please try to run your workflow after setting

Gallery Credentials to 'Use Default Credentials'. Let me know if this helps. But most likely its due to permissions issue  with the account which Alteryx service is running with.

I faced this issue when my gallery was running on Win7 but on win10 i don't see any issue.

preethisisaac
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_digan,

Am getting this same error in designer. When  am trying to use the python tool. IT does not allow me to code in interactive mode.

How did you get this error fixed? IS this a permission error on any folders?

Please share an update.

Thanks,

Preethi

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@preethisisaac We couldn't figure it out. We upgraded alteryx last year (from 2019.x to 2020.2) and that fixed it for us.

preethisisaac
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan i am having 2020.4 version of Alteryx designer. But still i am getting this error.

Is there an work around to run python codes in alteryx?. 

Please help.

Thanks,

Preethi