Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Publish to Tableau tool Error: The File was not Uploaded successfully.

ghiggins
7 - Meteor

I am getting the error message "Error: The File was not Uploaded successfully."  Does anyone know what could cause this?

ghiggins_0-1605284763042.png

15 REPLIES 15
fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

Running into the exact same issue affecting Production processes since Wednesday...

will open a ticket...

Harbinger
9 - Comet

@ghiggins have you recently updated or otherwise altered your Tableau Server? 

The first thing that I would typically do is check the version of the publish tool you're working with.

fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

In my case it's Tableau Online, and the Publish to Tableau server is now part of the Alteryx Designer install and self updates...

ghiggins
7 - Meteor

@Harbinger  As far as I know there have been no changes to the tableau server.  I have publish to tableau version 2.0.0

SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for posting @ghiggins @fpinchon @Harbinger .

At this time this is not a known issue but we are investigating your report.

If anyone comes across this issue when the workflows worked fine before, please do contact Alteryx Support and notate the following: when it began happening (did you upgrade or anything change?), what version of Designer (including minor details such as 2010.2.3.5, can obtain from Help --> About), what version of Tableau, and a screenshot of the configuration of the Tableau tool (so we can see TDE/Hyper and TDS/no TDS, as well as operation type)

You may reference this post as well.

Thank you for your understanding,
Sabrina

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.
fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

It is a systematic error due to a change in the Tableau API.

Alteryx support is about to publish a note so that you can patch the Alteryx macro accordingly...

Help is on the way!

ghiggins
7 - Meteor

Thank you, @fpinchon!! Do you by chance have any idea what the eta is for the fix?

fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

They said they are validating the post, should be today....

SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@fpinchon @ghiggins @Harbinger 

The issue does stem from Tableau changing the API responses in their 20.4 version.

While we are creating issue to track, if you would like to self-resolve you may try the following:

1. Open the workflow in question that is showing error. Right-click the Publish to Tableau Server tool and select "Open Macro". This will open the workflow which is the Tableau Connector tool itself.

2. Go to Edit > Find, type in "257" and select Filter tool #257.

3. In that Filter tool update the Custom filter entry to:

findString([DownloadHeaders],"HTTP/1.1 201")>=0

Example screenshot:

SabrinaCB_1-1605638526009.png

4. Save the macro and rerun workflow in question. Note: Saving the macro will update the tool on the machine - not just for the specific workflow.

If you encounter further sues please contact Alteryx Support.

Thank you,

Sabrina 

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.