Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Publish to Tableau tool Error: The File was not Uploaded successfully.

ghiggins
7 - Meteor

I am getting the error message "Error: The File was not Uploaded successfully."  Does anyone know what could cause this?

ghiggins_0-1605284763042.png

15 REPLIES 15
fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

Running into the exact same issue affecting Production processes since Wednesday...

will open a ticket...

Harbinger
9 - Comet

@ghiggins have you recently updated or otherwise altered your Tableau Server? 

The first thing that I would typically do is check the version of the publish tool you're working with.

fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

In my case it's Tableau Online, and the Publish to Tableau server is now part of the Alteryx Designer install and self updates...

ghiggins
7 - Meteor

@Harbinger  As far as I know there have been no changes to the tableau server.  I have publish to tableau version 2.0.0

SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for posting @ghiggins @fpinchon @Harbinger .

At this time this is not a known issue but we are investigating your report.

If anyone comes across this issue when the workflows worked fine before, please do contact Alteryx Support and notate the following: when it began happening (did you upgrade or anything change?), what version of Designer (including minor details such as 2010.2.3.5, can obtain from Help --> About), what version of Tableau, and a screenshot of the configuration of the Tableau tool (so we can see TDE/Hyper and TDS/no TDS, as well as operation type)

You may reference this post as well.

Thank you for your understanding,
Sabrina

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.
fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

It is a systematic error due to a change in the Tableau API.

Alteryx support is about to publish a note so that you can patch the Alteryx macro accordingly...

Help is on the way!

ghiggins
7 - Meteor

Thank you, @fpinchon!! Do you by chance have any idea what the eta is for the fix?

fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

They said they are validating the post, should be today....

SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@fpinchon @ghiggins @Harbinger 

The issue does stem from Tableau changing the API responses in their 20.4 version.

While we are creating issue to track, if you would like to self-resolve you may try the following:

1. Open the workflow in question that is showing error. Right-click the Publish to Tableau Server tool and select "Open Macro". This will open the workflow which is the Tableau Connector tool itself.

2. Go to Edit > Find, type in "257" and select Filter tool #257.

3. In that Filter tool update the Custom filter entry to:

findString([DownloadHeaders],"HTTP/1.1 201")>=0

Example screenshot:

SabrinaCB_1-1605638526009.png

4. Save the macro and rerun workflow in question. Note: Saving the macro will update the tool on the machine - not just for the specific workflow.

If you encounter further sues please contact Alteryx Support.

Thank you,

Sabrina 

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.