Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Publish to Tableau not Appending

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi all, 

I have a workflow that I recently moved from running on a schedule in my workspace to running on my company's gallery. The workflow publishes the results to Tableau online via the 'Publish to Tableau Server' tool. When running on my workspace, the data appends just fine every time the job runs. However, when running on the gallery it appears to be overwriting the data rather than appending. Does anyone know how this could be?

I've attached screenshots of my inputs for the tool. 

Thanks,

Megan

2 REPLIES 2
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Try downloading the package from the gallery and check the configuration. If that config has been reset to overwrite, then I would guess that the Publish To Tableau Server Tool has to be updated on the Server. The append option only came in the last few versions.

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Thanks for your reply, I did get the tool updated on our server, but now I'm seeing other errors (see attached). I reached out to Alteryx support on this, but the issue is still unresolved.