Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Publish to Tableau Server

Pranjal_20
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Can anybody help me why I am unable to established a connection 'Publish to Tableau Server'  in a Virtual machine but same can done in my local machine. This was working fine in 2018.3 version and recently I upgraded to 2020.2

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Loic
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Pranjal_20 we can't see the error in your screenshot. It likely is network related...

First: on the computer where it doesn't work - open a browser and try to connect to the Tableau Server that way (all the way past authentication) - is it successful? Can you connect to the Tableau Server from a browser?

if it is, it will automatically import any required SSL certificate you need on the computer - Designer will use that as well.

Pranjal_20
6 - Meteoroid

@Loic  Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I can able connect to tableau using a web browser however not able to connect via Alteryx designer. Do you think we need Tableau server also installed in the Virtual Machine to establishing connection. Or what all firewall setting is recommended to make this done.  Yes in the screen print cant see the error as the new feature I am not so familiar . However I highlighted the error in Red.

Loic
Alteryx
Alteryx

we still cannot see the error. it is hidden behind the connect banner...

Pranjal_20
6 - Meteoroid

Yes I do not understand this feature and how to remove the banner. and not able to read the error message too. Older version was quite good in this scenario.