Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Publish to Tableau Server stopped working from Alteryx Gallery

lk81
7 - Meteor

Hello,

we migrated Alteryx Gallery from one terminal server to another one due to domain change. We upload data to Tableau Server using Publish to Tableau Server macro. It was working fine from the old terminal server and it still working fine from Alteryx Designer, but not from the Gallery after the migration.

Error we receive is following: Error - Alteryx: Tool #2: TableauServer.Login (36): Tool #10: Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer

We tried to find a root cause and we logged into Alteryx Designer instance for the Gallery. When we opened a gallery we found out that user cannot connect to Tableau Server. It is weird because before running a workflow connection was established (we tried for both me as an user and a service account). Both me and service account are Server Administrator on Tableau Server.

Can you, please, help me fix this issue so that we can upload data to Tableau Server from Alteryx Gallery?

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @lk81 

This error often occurs when we can't reach the machine that the data source (in this instance Tableau) exists on. Are you able to connect to Tableau Server from a browser on the new Alteryx server machine? Does the Tableau Server (if not Tableau Online) exist in the new domain or the original domain that the Alteryx server used to be in? If you log on to the Alteryx Server machine directly, open a command prompt and enter the following command:

nslookup tableauserverURL.com

Where "tableauserverURL.com" is the URL for the Tableau Server, do you receive a valid response with the correct IP for your Tableau server, or do you receive an error (such as "Can't find (tableauserverURL) Non-existent Domain?") 

If you receive an error during this test and can't access Tableau Server from the browser, it's likely that you will have to work with your IT team to make sure that this machine can communicate with the machine that Tableau Server exists on. If you don't see any issues during these tests, I would recommend reaching out directly to Alteryx Support for further assistance. 

Jake

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.