Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Processing Time showing 0.0 seconds in Scheduler

rahuls
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue in the scheduled workflows. Sometimes, the workflows runs but the execution/processing time comes out to be 0.0 seconds. I can clearly see that the workflow took more than 10 mins to run but the execution time comes out to be 0.0 seconds for some reason. See below:

executiontime.png

Anybody else facing the similar issue? Would really appreciate any leads.

PS: I am using Alteryx 11.0

Thanks,

Rahul

11 REPLIES 11
derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

Is the error message a hint?  Does this only happen when there are errors in the execution? 

rahuls
9 - Comet

Hi @derekbelyea,

So far, no errors in the workflows. It happens randomly. While on some days the workflows would run fine and show correct processing time, other days I see 0.0 seconds. There are no errors in the run. 

Thanks,

Rahul

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

Hi @rahuls

If this problem was mine I would collect up the logs and arrange a consultation with one of the Alteryx system engineers.  Intermittent errors that cannot be consistently replicated are the most insidious and hardest to diagnose. 

Derek

wrp
5 - Atom

Did you get a solution to this issue?  We are seeing the same behavior in our scheduler for all jobs executing for the last 2 days.

We are using Alteryx 2018.1

rahuls
9 - Comet

It got resolved when we did some cleanup of drives, seemed like a memory issue. Haven't been able to reproduce after that.

Best,

Rahul

wrp
5 - Atom

Per Alteryx Support, we rebooted our Alteryx Server to resolve this issue.  

wrp
5 - Atom

Has anyone seen a resolution to this issue beyond the "reboot the server" solution?  

We are now on Alteryx Server 2018.3 and were hoping after upgrade we would no longer see this problem, but it still happening around once per month.2019-01-27 06_56_31-Alteryx Scheduler Status_ Execution Times.png

mcha54
8 - Asteroid

Hi! Were you able to find what the issue was? We've started experiencing this with our Scheduler where the Execution time is 0.0 seconds, which is not accurate.

wrp
5 - Atom

No, unfortunately, no resolution, but we are still on 2018.3 so upgraded servers may have this fixed.

We still just reboot the server during a low scheduler queue time to resolve the issue.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

- W