Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Preventing the launch of scheduled WF at server restart

dataprep
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

We will have to turn off our Alteryx server during this week-end. We have tried that on a test server and it apperas that Alteryx launches the WF scheduled during the off period at the restart of the server.

How can we prevent such a behaviour?

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@dataprep

I haven't tested this, but you might try and remove the Alteryx Service from the boot services. 

ServiceDisable.png

dataprep
8 - Asteroid

Hello Charlie,

Well, the issue is that when we relaunch Alteryx Service, Alteryx will launch all the pending schedules... And that's what we want to prevent.

Thanks.

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I do believe if you turn off the schedule workflows @ the admin page before you shut down, when you restart the service the schedules jobs won't start until you enable it again.

Disable Jobs.png

alison
7 - Meteor

@levell_x_dunn 

Hi! I just want to confirm that I understand what you are saying here.

Let's say I have a previously scheduled, recurring workflow already established.

If that "no" is selected at the time the server is taken down, then it should prevent those workflows from running automatically when it comes back up?

Are the schedules still maintained, just disabled?  Will they re-engage when that permission is reinstated?

I would like a solution that allows me to manage workflow sequence at server restart, rather all missed schedules running at once.

raychase
11 - Bolide

I suspect you could quickly remove all records from the AS_Queue collection with a status of 'Running' or 'Queued' once you start the services back up.

That's probably how I'd handle this scenario.

It's pretty easy if you understand the BSON query language that the MongoDB utilizes.