Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Possible to separate Scheduled workflows from on-demand analytic apps queued on Gallery?

Adam_Dooley
8 - Asteroid

This question came up during an internal Alteryx webinar at my company.  I am by no means the Alteryx Gallery/Server administrator, rather just an individual running apps and workflows on the Gallery and have seen processes get queued.

The question is: is it possible to separate Scheduled workflows from on-demand analytic apps queued on the Gallery/Server?  The pain point behind the question is if someone develops a really cool app for users, when the user clicks run, they'll get logjammed into the same queue as the rest of the processes running. So then it kind of defeats the purpose of having the App available on Demand.  

Not sure if that's possible in the platform architecture?  Asking for a friend 🙂  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Adam,

it's possible to scale-out so called "workers", which execute the workflows:

E.g. 1 worker that runs the scheduled jobs and 1 worker that runs only "on demand Analytical Apps".

In case this is not an option for your IT Admin/Service Manager, then there is also the possibility to set priorities per workflow:

E.g. "on demand Analytical Apps" get a higher priority then "normal scheduled workflows".

Your IT Admin/Service Manager should reach out the your Alteryx Account Executive to set a respective session.

Best regards

Phil

Adam_Dooley
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the response @PhilippK !  I didn't see an email about this or else I would have responded sooner.  I'll share this with the appropriate people.