Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Possible memory leak on server running Gallery and Worker - 2020.4

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Hi,

I'm getting intermittent clusters of errors across unrelated workflows which are all referring to memory pressure.

Looking at a memory profile for the host server suggest that there is a memory leak of some kind.

Searching the community posts hasn't turned up very much for me so I wondered if anyone had any insight into what might be causing this or any good ways to see if workflows are not releasing memory correctly?

Paul_Holden_0-1637855734801.png

The server has 32GB RAM

The Worker settings are as follows:

Paul_Holden_2-1637856058603.png

The Engine settings are as follows:

Paul_Holden_1-1637855926556.png

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Paul_Holden ,

I don't have an answer for that. I would suggest you contact Alteryx support and share all the logs with them to analyze what is happening there.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Obtain-Logs-the-Easy-Way/ta-p/...

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Thanks @fmvizcaino 

Agreed, I was mostly checking there wasn't a know issue with the engine before I do that - and that there aren't any particular tools that are known to exhibit this behaviour.

I always get nervous when I search and don't find anything 🙂

Currently I've got one reference to Crew Macros and that's it.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Paul_Holden ,

There have been some versions known to experience this kind of behavior (happened to me once). To be honest I don't know what did cause this issue and was able to solve it by cancelling are current jobs on that machine and restart it. I know it is not what you wanted to hear but is all I got 😛

Of course there is always the option to try installing and giving the chance to another version but I know it is not as easy.

Regards

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

To get a better understanding from what you are using.

Is it a stand alone machine or a multinode service? Are you using default mongoDB or user managed? What version are you on.

All what you can share would be helpful.

Regards

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Hi @afv2688 

As per thread title this is as server running Gallery and Worker on version 2020.4

There are no other workers, this is a stand-alone host.

We are using the default mongoDB.

The server was restarted in May and September for patching - you can see the memory usage dropping to zero and then steadily climbing again.

The server was last restarted on 21 November which ended the current batch of memory errors.