Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Pop up window in Gallery with Browser tool

Jonnyldn
5 - Atom

Want to check how to have pop up window in Gallery with Browser tool. It works in my Analytical App but not in my Gallery. There is only a 'success' message after running the app in the Gallery. 

Similar question as been asked before. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Browse-Tool-in-an-Application-showing-...

4 REPLIES 4
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Jonnyldn 

I dont think a pop up window similar to Designer is possible on the Gallery. Some of things you can try:-

1. Write to output.yxdb and show that at the successful execution of an App.

2. Use Chained Apps for the second to show the output

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

Jonnyldn
5 - Atom

Hi Jagdeesh,

Thanks for the response. I want a non-Alteryx user to see the out put directly in Gallery. Don't think the method you suggested can remediate the issue. 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Jonnyldn 

From what I understand, this is ignored in the server environment.

It may be worth logging this as an idea in the server ideas section: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/*/idb-p/server-ideas

fponce
6 - Meteoroid

Based on your question, I think there's 2 solutions for that.

1.- instead of using an browser tool, you can use and output tool and save the output to an excel file or any other one (PDF, etc). With this approach you will see the output file in the gallery and you will be able to download it from the Gallery

Designer View

fponce_0-1617752160395.png

Gallery Output

fponce_1-1617752352260.png

2.- The second option is adding a render tool to preview the data in the Gallery Window. The only issue I have noticed with this approach is that big dataset won't be completely shown. **Notice I'm using file format as .pcxml

Designer View

fponce_2-1617752451823.png

Gallery Output

fponce_3-1617752549232.png

Using .pcxml as output will allow you to download the data from the gallery in various formats.

Hope this helps