Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Place in My Company's Server

nickdreach
8 - Asteroid

We are using 2022.1.  If I navigate to the Gallery Admin, click on Workflows, select any one of our workflows I get a summary of the workflow - name, author etc. 

Right at the bottom there is a radio button titled "Place in My Company's Server". 

According to this link:

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/en/server/administer-alteryx-server/workflows--admin-interface/workfl...

• Place in My Company's Server: Select Yes, to share the workflow in your company's Server, or No, to remove the workflow from your company's Server. Removing the workflow from your company's Server does not remove the workflow from the user's studio.

What does this mean!  We have all our workflows in a shared collection which must be hosted on our alteryx server.....yet the option is set to 'No' for all the workflows.

2 REPLIES 2
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

It would place the workflow into the "Public" category.

Meaning anyone would be able to see the workflow and run it regardless of collection membership.

nickdreach
8 - Asteroid

@SPetrie thanks for the reply.  So exactly the same as the 'Public Workflow' toggle button available in the gallery when you select a workflow?  Thank you for clearing that up.