Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Performance Profiling feature - output doesn't add up to "100%" ALSO "phantom tool IDs"

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced the following:

1) Using the "Performance Profiling" in the workflow configuration...the results don't add up to "100%"; for example, in the workflow I'm looking at, reading the "engine log" and "scheduler log" the results add up to 82.23%.

2) Also, I'm getting "phantom" toolIds" being referenced.  I understand with the maco tools, you have to right-click and open them to get the toolId #s, but neither I, or AlteryxSupport personnel, were able to find this tool(s).  In this one case, 34% of the runtime (1:07hr runtime) referenced this toolID that is non-existent in the workflow.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Interesting observations. I don't have answers, but I'm curious to find out too.

1) Are there any workflow dependencies that may have external wait times? What I imagine is a committed read query that is submitted by Alteryx, but the database must wait to fulfill that for other transactions for finish.

2) The tool ID doesn't exist in the XML of the workflow or any macro referenced?

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

1) Yes; there are 3 workflow dependencies - 3 Connect In-DB tools - that are pulling data from Amazon Redshift.

2) Correct; we looked thru the XML and thru all the macros (right-clicking), but could not find the ToolId # referenced in the engine log.

Thanks for your help!

John