Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Pass-Through Authentication to an ODBC Connection String - Alteryx Gallery

Matt19
7 - Meteor

I wanted to reach out to the community with a couple questions regarding workflow credentials on the Alteryx Gallery. I have been referring back to this knowledge article, but it seems like workflow credentials only help if you are trying to access a locked file or run cmd prompts. We are looking for something that would be able to pass credentials over to a 3rd party semantic layer via an ODBC Connection String to access our data lake. Ultimately, our data lake will store all financial information from the company, and it will be vital that we have a connection from the gallery that would be able to authenticate user by user. Our semantic layer allows for row level security, to where each user can only see information pertaining to their team/capability. (Ex. Two users could both query Select * from the same table and return completely different data.) 

Is anyone aware of has heard of any methods that others are using to achieve something like this? We had thought about using interface textboxes, but we were concerned that those entries would be stored in plaintext in the MongoDB, is that the case or is there a way to encrypt?  Please let me know if you have any guidance in this area.

1 REPLY 1
Matt19
7 - Meteor

Checking back in the hopes that someone has any guidance for us...