Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Pass Input File to Workflow via API

SayanNath09
5 - Atom

I have an Alteryx App that requires user to select file from desktop and have checkboxes to choose the options from. 

I am trying to execute this workflow as a job using the POST call of V2/user/inputfiles and then the v2/workflowid/job API end points however I always keep getting error on the file name.

i tried getting the file id using the endpoint and passing it as “1234|||sheet1.xlsx” but it fails too.

I am trying to execute it via the Alteryx Gallery API swagger page so that once it runs successfully I can convert it to a flow and execute it.

Can someone help me to figure out what I need to pass as a value to the browse file so that the api call to post a job with answers to the question executes successfully? The ultimate goal is to pass the file and answers to the questions via a POST call to the workflow which upon execution will generate the output file that I need to download via the API for the end user.

1 REPLY 1
bauml003
5 - Atom

I am also having issues passing things through the API to run a workflow - I'm commenting so that I can see what help you receive.