Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Parameterize UNC Location to ExternalSource in Dropdown Tool

vepp
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Our use case is to pass the environment specific location in "External Source" in Drop down tool.  The external source location is not static (UNC) so we want it to be coming from environment specific parameter file (each environment will have a static file with fullpath and filename).

let us say : Dropdown_List.yxdb file is located in server Dev ,UAT and Prod.

so below will be the external source path for each environment

\\server Dev\Workflows\Inputs\Dropdown_List.yxdb

\\server UAT\Workflows\Inputs\Dropdown_List.yxdb

\\server Prod\Workflows\Inputs\Dropdown_List.yxdb

Because of our requirement, some other source team creates the file and place it in the above locations and we just have read access. Any pointers to parameterize the external source file would be great helpful.

NOTE : I am using Gallery and relative path does not work. Gallery staging/persistence location is configured to Local drive.

Regards,

Vepp

5 REPLIES 5
JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@vepp Thanks for posting here.  Sounds like an interesting use case you have here.  Have you looked into signing up for the virtual solution center to explore what you are trying to do with one of our internal Alteryx experts?  If not, head on over to this page in community and select need help building something.  I hope this helps you and if you do utilize VSC and come away with a solution, please update your post with that solution to help out others who may need to implement!

James Dolan-Hall | Principal Technical Account Manager
support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com
vepp
8 - Asteroid

@JAM  Tried the VSC option. Even after getting the confirmed time slot - No one joined the call. Is it a reliable option? I can rebook but just wanna make sure.

csclark
Alteryx
Alteryx

@vepp I've reached out to you regarding the VSC 🙂

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @vepp wondering if you had a solution for your case. Let us know, please. It's an interesting use case.

vepp
8 - Asteroid

@Thableaus  Not yet. Will post if I find something.Thanks.