Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

PRODUCT ISSUE: "Update Rows" option is not available with Oracle DB?

PaulFields2
8 - Asteroid

I have a fairly extensive workflow with two layers of batch macros that make use of In-DB nodes in order to dynamically adjust my database connection strings based on the DB (Dev / Test / Prod) that I need to use. Previously I had used batch macros with standard Input and Output connections, which worked fine on my local machine but errored out on Server.

So I re-did the whole thing (7 DB connections) using the In-DB nodes.  However, I just noted that the "Update Rows" option in the Write Data In-DB node does not appear to be supported with (.oci) connections to Oracle Databases.  Please let me know if am mistaken here, but if I'm correct this appears to be a key functional deficiency. 

This is a big deal for me as I have 25 workflows that together have nearly 100 unique DB connections that all need to be manually adjusted when moving between environments. I had hoped the Control Param /  Action Node / In-DB connection using (.indbc) files was the solution, but the gap I've noted above just put the kybosh on the whole thing.

Please confirm this limitation in the Write Data In-DB and if so, advise when this feature can be added.

2 REPLIES 2
PaulFields2
8 - Asteroid

Meant to include this. I noted that a previous post describes the same issue and Nick C. at Alteryx was going to look into this. No update from Nick after that.

mathieuf
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @PaulFields2,

Here is an extract from the documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/write-data-db-tool

Update/Delete is currently only supported for SQL Server ODBC connections.

Please use the Idea section of the community to raise yours.

I can see this one is already existing, so you can vote to increase visibility. I did it as well to support this!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Update-Delete-Rows-available-for-more-databa...