Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

PDF to Text

jumaia
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I have an app workflow built with the "PDF to Text" tool from Intelligence Suite that I need to publish to the Server.

It runs successfully in Designer Desktop with either the File Browse or Text Box interface tools. However, I'm getting error messages that that the input file path is invalid  (when using the Text Box option) or format not supported (File Browse option) when running in the Server.

I've tried changing the configuration of the app interface tools - for example, connecting directly to the PDF to Text or to a Text Input where I have the file path but still getting an error. I'm using version 2022.3 both Designer Desktop and Server. See file with screenshot in case it helps.

Any thoughts on how to configure this tool with app interface to run in the Server?

3 REPLIES 3
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @jumaia 

I can see that your problem might be related to the File Browse tool.

When dealing with these use cases for end users on Server, I tend to specify the type of allowed files in the tool.

Can you try doing this little change in the File Browse configuration and republish the App?

Screenshot 2023-07-19 132039.png

Once re-published, Run it. It'll allow you to point to a PDF file.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 132156.png

PS: I noticed an important message in the Licenses Portal, so make sure that you have the right AIS version

Screenshot 2023-07-19 132502.png

jumaia
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!! @Aguisande The File Browse configuration solved it!

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @jumaia 

Great! Happy to see it worked for you!