Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Overview of jobs running the the gallery

kasd
7 - Meteor

In the admin view of the gallery you can see a list of jobs running and in que.

How can I make this view avalible to the users? For example is it avalible in the MongoDB (if so in which database and collection) so we can create a Tableau dashboard the shows that?

6 REPLIES 6
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kasd,

Alteryx Server Usage Report This workflow provides user access, content, schedules, and job analysis information about your Server and outputs results via a Tableau workbook, or PDF and Excel files.
Compatible with version 11.0 and above. Click here for the pre-11.0 usage report app.

With the Mongo ID/Password, you can generate either a tableau dashboard or PDF of the server metrics that you are interested in.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
kasd
7 - Meteor
Thx,
However it seems like the dashbord only shows the completed jobs, not the jobs that are running. If That is incorrect - how do I identify the jobs that are running?
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

That is kind of a trick question.  The admin function to view the queue sits above the queue itself.  If you were to run a query via an application, it would go into the queue and you would see what is there after, your job makes its way to execution.

If you explore the macros in the workflow, you'll discover the read of the mongo tables where the queue exists and be able to customize a report to your needs (given caveat above).  The monitoring of jobs uses resources.  If you feel that this functionality is something that should be visible to more server users, please feel free to suggest it as an idea in the community.

I would like to get an idea of the queue size when scheduling a job (current or future).  If I schedule a job to run daily at 1:00 pm, I'd like to know if that is a BUSY time or not so that I can choose a good time to plan the daily runs.  Knowing which jobs are running and how long they've been running isn't going to help me as a user.  

cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

If you use the MongoDB input and point to the AlteryxService Database and the AS_Queue collection, you should be able to find running records.

I used a Criteria as follows:

{ "Status": "Running"}

This limited results to only currently running processes.

Please note that the MongoDB Input tool seems to produce an error if it pulls NO results, so you may need to add in some kind of process to avoid this error when the queue is empty.

kasd
7 - Meteor

Very cool - that helps a lot.

Do you also know where I can find the error and the warning messages on the jos that has been runned?

Akshu2020
7 - Meteor

Hi @kasd - did you figure out the solution by any chance? I'm also looking for the same, if yes could you please share the workflow?