Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Output to template and rename

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi All,

I'm curious to see if it's possible to output to an excel template AND have that output file be named specifically directly from the gallery  interface. I know the first part of this achievable based on this thread and I got it to work with no issues. Now I'm looking to output to a formatted excel template and then have that file be renamed to include things like todays date.

I've done this successfully with batch files/run commands and outputting to network folders, but I'm looking to see if it's possible directly in the gallery interface. I tried updating the output filename as part of the workflow and it just outputted to a unformatted excel sheet, I presume because of the mismatch in the template filename and the newly generated dynamic filename. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

I'd suggest using and after run without errors event to run a bat file that renames the file workflow writes. You can generate the bat file in the process to get the name you need.

vennielake
5 - Atom

@hroderick-thr wrote: happy wheels

I'd suggest using and after run without errors event to run a bat file that renames the file workflow writes. You can generate the bat file in the process to get the name you need.

Thanks for your answer. It helped me a lot.