Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Output to template and rename

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi All,

I'm curious to see if it's possible to output to an excel template AND have that output file be named specifically directly from the gallery  interface. I know the first part of this achievable based on this thread and I got it to work with no issues. Now I'm looking to output to a formatted excel template and then have that file be renamed to include things like todays date.

I've done this successfully with batch files/run commands and outputting to network folders, but I'm looking to see if it's possible directly in the gallery interface. I tried updating the output filename as part of the workflow and it just outputted to a unformatted excel sheet, I presume because of the mismatch in the template filename and the newly generated dynamic filename. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

I'd suggest using and after run without errors event to run a bat file that renames the file workflow writes. You can generate the bat file in the process to get the name you need.

vennielake
5 - Atom

@hroderick-thr wrote: happy wheels

I'd suggest using and after run without errors event to run a bat file that renames the file workflow writes. You can generate the bat file in the process to get the name you need.

Thanks for your answer. It helped me a lot.