Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Output Excel from Gallery - Select Format -> Unknown File Type (repost from wrong forum)

NicC
7 - Meteor

Hello!

Goal: I'm using gallery to allow folks to upload two Excel files, do some transformations and unions, and then download the new single Excel file.

Problem: The gallery workflow runs great, except when I run it and try to download my file, it doesn't allow me to choose a file type. If I download it as 'unknown' type and add .xlsx to the file, it'll open as expected in Excel. I just think my users might get confused and struggle with that last random step (it'll be going to >100 people). Can someone help me fix this?

Note:

• In my workflow, I specify Excel output format and provide it the .xlsx file type.
  • I've tried switching it to yxdb output, but I still get only the same 'unkown' option when trying to download my output from the gallery
  • Link to original post (sorry!)

NicC_4-1611079356532.png

NicC_5-1611079382973.png

1 REPLY 1
NicC
7 - Meteor

Figured out the issue - thanks to the post recommendations on the right side of my screen (tada emoji).

My .xlsx needed to be shifted to the left.

NicC_0-1611080280911.png