Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Output Data - Issue with quotes around schema and table name when writing to oracle

ayx-droid
7 - Meteor

I'm having issue while updating tables in a different schema on Alteryx Server (Version: 2021.3.1.47945). The problem is caused by alteryx pre-sql when sent to oracle. it adds quotes around "Schema_Name.Table_Name"

When I run this on designer (Version: 2021.2.2.45235), it just runs fine by putting quotes to both schema and table "Schema_Name"."Table_Name".

Error message:

Error running DELETE FROM "SCHEMA_NAME.TABLE_NAME": ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Output data settings:

ish894_0-1649920779733.png

I've hit [roadblock after trying quote style with different settings but could not resolve it. Any thoughts on why it runs on designer version but errors on server?

3 REPLIES 3
ayx-droid
7 - Meteor

having issue while updating tables in a different schema on Alteryx Server (Version: 2021.3.1.47945). The problem is caused by alteryx pre-sql when sent to oracle. it adds quotes around "Schema_Name.Table_Name"

When I run this on designer (Version: 2021.2.2.45235), it just runs fine by putting quotes to both schema and table "Schema_Name"."Table_Name".

Error message:

Error running DELETE FROM "SCHEMA_NAME.TABLE_NAME": ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Output data settings:

ish894_0-1649928654884.png

I've hit roadblock after trying quote style with different settings but could not resolve it. Any thoughts on why it runs on designer version but errors on server?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Since you could determine that this issue is present in a specific Alteryx version, I encourage you to send this to support@alteryx.com so they are aware of this issue and can correct on a future update.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you humor me and swap from "|||" to "|" in your output data tool? - give that a try.