Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Outlook365 input: Fail authentication when scheduling workflow

VCAM
5 - Atom

Dear all,

I am stuck when it comes to connecting to the Outlook 365 tool and scheduling the workflow to the scheduler.

I am able to connect on Desktop and extract the data from the inbox perfectly fine.

I select Use Service Principal after selecting Provide authentication information as reported in the help page (see screenshot below).

VCAM_0-1659604197222.png

But when I schedule the workflow, it fails and I get an authentication error.

VCAM_1-1659604779754.png

I followed this other post with a similar issue (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Outlook-365-Tool-Runs-fine-on-server-mac...), where the user had problems scheduling to the gallery (not the scheduler) and the solution proposed was to add a registry key but this does not seem to be working for me. 

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HEy @VCAM ,

Have you done those steps on your machine and the Alteryx Server machine? 

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

VCAM
5 - Atom

Hi, I am not sure I understand your question. I am using a controller to schedule my workflows, can I access the location --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx  of the controller?

VCAM
5 - Atom

Dear all, I had a call with alteryx support please notice that this tool will (currently) work only on SERVER/GALLERY not on SCHEDULER.

Drvt6713
8 - Asteroid

Hi @VCAM,

Any update on this connector working on Scheduler?

I do not have (or need) Server at this time, so just purchased Scheduler so was hoping this connector would work.

Thanks for the info.