Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Others may view this workflow's history

mcha54
8 - Asteroid

In the Private Gallery, workflow setting - Does this setting "Others may view this workflow's history" refer to the version history or the run history of a workflow? I can't seem to find the official answer in the help docs.

5 REPLIES 5
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mcha54,

The workflow setting - Does this setting "Others may view this workflow's history" refers to the run history of the workflow. 

the version history control is only visible for the  artisan who created the workflow

i hope this helps

best,

Vianney 

Best,
Vianney
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @VianneyM 

I don't believe this is accurate. The "Others may view this workflow's history." is to allow other users to see the previous versions, not the run history. The run history can only be shared with other artisans within the same private studio (subscription) and if the private studio has the option "Shared Schedules" enabled, which requires a Gallery Admin/Curator to enable.

jrgo_0-1577720543772.png

https://help.alteryx.com/20194/server/subscriptions-studios.

mcha54
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! There seems to be conflicting answers, depending on who you ask. If there was a place in the Help docs about The "Others may view this workflow's history." option, that would probably be the definitive answer.

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @jrgo and @mcha54,

Thanks for the correction. 

I made some tests within the Server, these are the results

Test 1:

Workflow (transactions) shared in a collection with a user that is a Member.

Workflow Settings: No - Others may view this workflow's history.

VianneyM_1-1579023525349.png

Results

User can't see the previous workflow versions

VianneyM_2-1579023635292.png

Test 2:

Workflow (transactions) shared in a collection with a user that is a Member.

Workflow Settings: Yes - Others may view this workflow's history.

VianneyM_4-1579023972762.png

Results:

User is able to see the previous workflow versions and download any of them (as this was specified as well within the Workflow settings)

VianneyM_0-1579023443134.png

So this means that the Workflow setting: Others may view this workflow's history  is to allow other users to see the previous versions.

@jrgo thank you for the clarification

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
nishant_saxena
7 - Meteor

Thanks for explanation @vianney @jrgo. 

To confirm the discussion :

Workflows run-history is not available to other users who access app which are shared via collection (i.e not part of same subscription studio) .