Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Other Users Can't See Changes to App on Server

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I have an app that is used by a number of colleagues on the Alteryx Server. Today, all of a sudden when I make updates and publish them nobody can see the changes I have made to the app - they are using the same URL. 

If i open the app in the browser on the server it works perfectly fine with the new updates. 

I have tried republishing 6 times and it isn't working. I am trying to avoid having to publish under a new URL as this has already been communicated as a bookmark.

Any thoughts? should I restart the server? restart AWS? 

Thanks

Adam

2 REPLIES 2
CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

@aehrenwo,

Look at the published version of your app.  When you as the author make updates and run the workflow from the server you will always be working on the latest version.

For other people to be working on the latest version you need to make sure that the published version is also the latest one.

You can do it by clicking on the published version, a new windows gets opened, select the intended version, and click on 'Make Published Version"

See screenshot below.

Capture.JPG

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide
Thanks- yes I noticed this gap and saw I needed to check off that option on the publishing window.