Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Order execution of workflows on server

Youssef_BenSalem
7 - Meteor

Hi

I have multiple workflow deployed on server 

Is there a way to order the execution of the workflows dependimg on execution of each one

For example,  workflow 10 and 11 will run after execution of workflow 5.....

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @Youssef_BenSalem , 

Certainly, an app can be configured to start another flow when it's completed. Alteryx calls it 'chained apps'. Read about it here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Chaining-Workflows-Together/ta-p/3857...

Regards, 

Ariharan R

Youssef_BenSalem
7 - Meteor

Hi

Thank you

In my case I am using Alteryx as an ETL

SO my workflows have to run consecutively and some in parallel. And all the run have to be automatically for each month. 

I tried chaining apps but it did not work when I scheduled the first app to run

Any ideas please?

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Youssef_BenSalem  Have you checked out the 'Runner' / 'Conditional Runner' tools that are part of the Crew Macro's Pack. These will help you in defining the sequential order of execution of workflows depending on the success/failure of the previous workflow.

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

Youssef_BenSalem
7 - Meteor

Hi ,

Thank you for your suggestion 

I did not as the crew macros are not supported yet by alteryx

How much can I trust the macros as I work for a client that can be very rigid over security 

Do you have any other suggestion please 

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Youssef_BenSalem I have been using the Crew Macro Pack for many years now across different client without any issues at all. It is maintained now by on of our Alteryx ACE's @MarqueeCrew .

The different tools in the pack add a lot of value with what you can do in Alteryx. I would definitely suggest looking into it. 

With regards to the security aspect, the tools within the pack are exactly like any other custom built macro you might be using within the organization. Once installed it becomes part of your Designer Tool Palette.