Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

OneDrive Connectors Used Within Alteryx Gallery

elsastark
10 - Fireball

Hello Community!

Wondering how seamless it is to have inputs and outputs connected to your company's OneDrive with workflows that are being run on your Alteryx server. Ideally, we want these workflows to run as the Gallery run-as user. If User A builds and publishes the workflow to Server and shares it via a collection to User B, when User B runs the workflow it should be checking if User B has access to that OneDrive location. 

I have been looking around and the closest things I have found is the Azure application registration - but I think I may be going in the wrong direction. Any advice or tips to accomplish this or will I have to stick with suggesting network drives where Alteryx can use the Gallery run-as user permissions?

3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
elsastark
10 - Fireball

Hi @DanM - thanks for sharing. I can't find a way to have the user pass in their credentials through Gallery instead of embedding it in a workflow. We need to ensure the person running the workflow has access to the files being pulled. We purposefully separate our Assets Permissions (access to an Alteryx workflow) from our Data Permissions (access to the underlying data used in a workflow). 

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @elsastark : what version of Server is your organization using? The latest version of the OneDrive tools (Compatible with Designer 2021.4.2 Patch 4, 2022.1 Patch 2 and later) now offers added support for Data Connection Manager (DCM) . DCM offers flexibility for managing credentials that I think will help resolve the issue in managing access to OneDrive from your Server.