Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

On Disk scheduler fails without explanation

AndrewW
11 - Bolide

I am seeing some strange things happening with the Alteryx Scheduler, which always fails without explanation when I run 'on disk'. To begin I'll explain my set up:

• I'm using 10.1
  • Server/Scheduler is set up on a Virtual Machine
  • I login to the virtual machine using a service account
  • The service account is also set up in the System Settings as Run the Worker as a Different User
  • I can run the workflow on the VM manually while logged in as the service account
  • I can run the workflow in the Scheduler DB
  • I can't run the workflow on disk - it errors
  • The workflow I'm trying to schedule has no references to any network drives and no macros, only the local machine is referenced
  • Sadly I can't upload pictures into this forum to show the results (Idea was raised in the forum improvements area), however they're similar to what is shown at this discussion with a few differences: http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Setup-Configuration/Scheduler-Results-Status-Corrupted/td-p/8475
    • Mine doesn't report Corrupted, it reports Error - VM Name
    • It is scheduled by the service account
    • The date completed is also January 01, 0001 12:00:00 AM
  • When I click on the Output of the scheduler results it gives no information, there are 2 messages:
    • Started running at
    • Finished running in 0.0 seconds

Anyone have any ideas how I can rectify this?

Note I'm developing in an enterprise environment, it is a requirement to schedule workflows on disk.

10 REPLIES 10
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

After testing various reasons why this might be happening for me, it is because the server machine does not have access to some of the shared drives in the module.  I will post an idea to have functionality added like there is for the Gallery----set individual modules to "run as" for Scheduler (so that each module can be have a different "run as", just like the Gallery).  Note that I am aware I can set the server to "run as" a user, but I don't want all modules on Scheduler to refer to this.  In other words, the Scheduler "run as" (system settings) is all or nothing, whereas the Gallery is per module.