Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Not seeing new users

Carlos_A
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I've recently added a few new users to my company's gallery but I am unable to find them as users, I had to search for their private studios to locate them and move to a desired studio, see example below:

I added the user Lucy and searching for it returned no results

UnseenUser1.PNG

i was able to find her private studio and then move her to the studio I want. Currently this is the only way I can find these users I added (about 14 of them)

UnseenUser2.PNG

Clicking on the user name on the studio brings me to the Edit User page, so the user exists. I was also able to login as the user, download workflows, etc.. but I still can't search for the user.

UnseenUser3.PNGThis is an issue because I have to add the user to a data connection, but since I can't search for them, I can't add them, Anyone experienced this before?

Currently using Alteryx Server v11.3

12 REPLIES 12
Stephan_Braun
5 - Atom

I notice same issue after upgrading to 2018.2.

Can you share the procedure to fix it?

Kind regards,

Stephan

Peter_K
5 - Atom

Hi Stephan,

You probably need to raise a support ticket for this. I've just been on the phone for an hour with support, and they have a workflow which they ask you to run in addition to various cleanup on the MongoDB.

Hopefully you have more luck than we did - couldn't get to a persistent fix. I'll be going back to an old backup. Thankfully this is just our test environment.

Peter

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Peter_K and @Stephan_Braun, what you are seeing is a hidden feature for moving Workflows out of a Private studio so that they do not get orphaned. Please see this Knowledge Base Article that explains what is happening.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer